AMERICAN AIRLINES CENTER, AT&T STADIUM & TEXAS RANGERS GAMES -
How Does it Work:
Sign up to work concessions during events that are held at American Airlines Center, AT&T Stadium and Texas Rangers. These events include Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars, Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers games, and also include concerts, and other events at American Airlines Center and AT&T Stadium year round. There are different types of concessions throughout the venues and you’ll work with a crew to set up prior to the event, run it during and break down and clean once over. Report time is 90 minutes before doors open (usually 4:30pm), and you can expect to be done by 10:30pm. Once you’ve completed all required certifications and training, you’ll be eligible to work, and will be able to do so by signing up for particular events. Requirements - Attend a basic training to ensure proper management of the concession locations.
• Must be 19 years old ( 16 years old for Texas Rangers games)
• TABC certified (can be taken online at tabcpermit.com) TABC stands for Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission. This certification is good for two (2) years. (approx 2 hours). The TABC training costs $15.00.
• Texas Food Handler Certification Training (can be taken online at tabcpermit.com) approx 2 hours
• RAS Training - Levy online alcohol course - levy.restaurant.org/ Enter password: LEVY (approx. 1 hour) Background Check - levychecks.com/ americanairlinescenter • Complete a Basic Training Class for each venue- (approx 2 hours) Must have all the above completed before attending this class with proof of completion certificates.
• Once basic Training is completed, you can sign up to work at particular events.
Payment Monthly funds earned vary depending on the number of times you work and the individual events and based on a percentage of the net sales that the stand makes. An average event pays anywhere from $75 to $100. This is for working from 4:30pm to 10:30pm. Based on ability to work the events, each volunteer is capable of raising the funds necessary to satisfy their fees. Checks are issued about 45 days following the month of the event. For example, February checks will be issued the second week of March. It is important to work well enough in advance of the traveling expenses or tournaments for which you are trying to earn money. This way, the money will be available prior to the time the money is needed. The checks are issued by Parents for Players and made out to the club.
Calculating the level of commitment needed to raise the desired amount:
$1000 - 14 events - or 2 events per month for 7 months
$2000 - 27 events - or 3 events per month for 9 months
$3000 - 40 events - or 4 events per month for 10 months
$4000 - 53 events - or 6 events per month for 9 months
$5000 - 67 events - or 7 events per month for 10 months
Process and Deadline 1
Complete the TABC and Texas Food Handler Certifications on line, the RCS Training on line, and Background Check on line. 2. Once above completed, you'll have to sign up for a Training Class - Contact Federico Mariel at to schedule. Kids 16 and up can work at Texas Rangers Games - No training or TABC needed for 16 year olds) Thank you,